Eintracht Frankfurt Signs Kevin-Prince Boateng On A 3-Year Deal

German Football Club, Eintracht Frankfurt has completed signing processes with former Las Palmas midfielder, Kevin-Prince Boateng. The contract which is a three-year deal comes just two days after the German-born Ghanaian player announced his departure from the Spanish side.

The ex Ghana international is now set to return to Germany for the third time having previously played for Hertha Berlin and Schalke 04. Prince Boateng is expected to earn €4 million in his new contract.

Also See: Kevin-Prince Shock Las Palmas Fans with Passionate Departure!

Eintracht Frankfurt club authorities are very confident that Prince will be an invaluable asset to the club as the new sweason kicks off. Commenting on the midfielder’s signing, the clubs director Fredi Bobic said, “We know Kevin’s strengths in midfield and are convinced that he can play a key role in our team.”

“Kevin is a winner with endless will,” he added.

Frankfurt coach, Niko Kovac also expressed pleasure and satisfaction over the signing, saying that ‘Prince will give this team a tremendous amount, and it will bring superior footballing qualities’.

Coach Kovac believes that Kevin-Prince will be a leader for the team, and that the young players will benefit a lot from him.

Eintracht Frankfurt is a German sports club based in Frankfurt, Hesse. The club is best known for its association football club, currently playing in the Bundesliga, the top tier of the German football league system.

The season kicks off today, Friday August 18, with Bayern Munich taking on Bayer Leverkusen. Eintracht will clash with SC Freiburg on Sunday, August, 20.

Kevin-Prince Boateng had a wonderful stay with the Canary Islanders last season, emerging as the club’s top scorer with ten goals to his credit.

The energetic midfielder however, terminated his Las Palmas deal on Wednesday, August 16, for “personal reasons of irreversible character”. Boateng’s decision to leave shocked fans, especially while considering the fact that the midfielder had his initially one year contract renewed to a three-year deal just in May.

The 30-year-old midfielder who later disclosed the actual reason behind his shocking departure said he has a dire need to be close to his family. Prince Boateng who is married with a son, said he needed to keep a distance that will allow him perform his conjugal and paternal responsibilities.

Join GhanaStar.com to receive daily email alerts of breaking news in Ghana. GhanaStar.com is your source for all Ghana News. Get the latest Ghana news, breaking news, sports, politics, entertainment and more about Ghana, Africa and beyond.