Komlan Abegniedan scored twice while Musah Nuhu kept his rocky performance at the back to keep WAFA’s title hopes alive while Winful Cobbinah provided two assists in Hearts’ dramatic 3-3 with Bolga All Stars in Tamale.
Bolga All Stars coach Baba Nuhu Malam emerged the coach of the week for masterminding his side’s 3-3 with Hearts, a game they stage a massive comeback to secure the point.
The system for the week is 4:4:2
1. Joseph Addo (GK) – Aduana Stars: The Aduana Stars shot stopper made impressive saves against his former side including saving a brilliant penalty by Kwame Boateng. He guided his side to pick a point in Kumasi.
2. Caleb Amankwah – WAFA: The lanky right back rose to the occasion at the Red Bull Arena once again and guided his side to their seventh win of the season. His defensive exploits were magnificent as he supported attack as and when necessary.
3. Daniel Darkwah – Aduana Stars: Daniel Darkwah was simply given an assignment to get Emmanuel Gyamfi out of the game. And for some time, many were asking whether Gyamfi was in the lineup. He was actually on the pitch but was hidden by Darkwah’s determination.
4. Musah Nuhu – WAFA: Another WAFA star who has been very consistent with his form and performance is Musah Nuhu. WAFA is yet to record a defeat in their last seven games and Nuhu is key contributor to that. He was exceptional against Liberty, aggressive and intelligent with his tackles and always accurate with his passes.
5. Samuel Sarfo – Liberty Professionals: Leading by example, Sarfo scored his 4th goal of the season for Liberty Professional, the highest by an individual for the club this season. His expertly taken free kick excellently kissed the net with Abalora just watching on.
6. Hanan Wahab – Tema Youth: Playing his first game of the season for Tema Youth, Hanan emerged the NASCO player of the game with an excellent performance. He was strong in the midfield and accurate with his passing.
7. Benjamin Tweneboah – Elmina Sharks: Despite his side’s inability to pick a home win over Inter Allies, Tweneboah was given thumbs up by all. He was smart on the ball, passed accurately and defended well when it was necessary. His skillful display was apt.
8. Alhassan Rahim – Bolga All Stars: For a player to come from the bench and hit a brace as well as winning the NASCO player of the match was simply incredible. He was simply unstoppable for the determined Phobia side.
9. Komlan Abegniedan – WAFA: He scored twice to fetch his side their seventh win in succession and emerged the player of the match as well. Being in the Best XI is simply unavoidable.
10. Winful Cobbinah – Hearts: Though Cobbinah did not score, his impressive display earned Hearts a point. He provided two assists to ensure Hearts were not defeated. Accurate passing is his trademark.
11. Zakaria Mumuni – Aduana Stars: If Michael Akuffo is not used as a makeshift right back again for Kotoko, the reason is Zakaria Mumuni. The former WAFA star tormented the experienced midfielder throughout the game and emerged the NASCO man of the game after the game.
Join GhanaStar.com to receive daily email alerts of breaking news in Ghana. GhanaStar.com is your source for all Ghana News. Get the latest Ghana news, breaking news, sports, politics, entertainment and more about Ghana, Africa and beyond.