Karela United FC will be hosting their second biggest fixture of the campaign when they stay at the Crosby Awuah Memorial Park to entertain Asante Kotoko SC on Wednesday.
Two weeks ago, the newly promoted side had a smooth one in their first biggest game of the season when they saw off Hearts of Oak with a 3-1 victory at the same venue.
The Pride and Passion side had their positive run of six matches unbeaten ended as they succumbed to a 1-0 loss to Bechem United last weekend.
As they host the Porcupine Warriors in the midweek, they intend getting back to winning ways to move up on the league log.
Karela United FC currently sit 7th on the league table.
The premiership newbies will have to do this without key Ivorian midfielder Jean Ourega Vital who is suspended due to accumulated cautions.
First choice goalkeeper Isaac Hagan remains sidelined with a wrist injury he suffered against Hearts of Oak a fortnight back.
Asante Kotoko SC are traveling to Nzema-Aiyinase to face Karela United FC with wounds which have to be healed quickly with a second away win of the campaign.
They suffered a 1-0 home defeat to fiercest rivals Hearts of Oak in the league’s biggest fixture last Sunday at the Babayara stadium.
Anything short of victory in match against the ambitious premier league debutants won’t be enough for the Porcupine Warriors to recover from their slumber last weekend.
The Red Family moved six places down the league table from 4th to 10th after the painful loss to their bitterest rivals.
Sadick Adams and Kwame Boahene are likely to make their injury returns at the Crosby Awuah Memorial park this midweek.
Experienced midfielder Jordan Opoku is also expected back into the team for their visit to Nzema-Aiyinase. He missed the last two games.
Prince Acquah has been ruled out of this match because of the early injury he sustained against the Phobians last weekend.
Central defender Wahab Adams won’t be making the trip with the team due to suspension. He has accumulated number of yellow cards.
• Karela United FC have been defeated only once in their last seven matches in the premier league.
• Asante Kotoko SC have managed only two victories from their last six fixtures in the premiership.
• Karela United FC have not lost in any of their five home games in the premier league this campaign.
• Asante Kotoko SC have won only one of their last ten premier league matches as the away side.
• This fixture is the first ever time Karela United FC are hosting Asante Kotoko SC in the history of the premiership.
• Asante Kotoko SC have traveled to the Western region once this season in the premier league. They lost 1-0 to Medeama SC.
• Karela United FC have been able to keep three clean sheets out of their five home games in the premiership thus far.
• Asante Kotoko SC have kept only one clean sheet in their last ten away matches in the premiership.
This article has 0 comment(s), give your comment
Join GhanaStar.com to receive daily email alerts of breaking news in Ghana. GhanaStar.com is your source for all Ghana News. Get the latest Ghana news, breaking news, sports, politics, entertainment and more about Ghana, Africa and beyond.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.