Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Sports

Asante Kotoko PRO Debunks Reports of Kwame Boahene Suffering From ‘stroke’

Communications Director of Asante Kotoko Obed Acheampong has debunked reports that Kwame Boahene has suffered a stroke.

Reports went widespread last week in Kumasi that, Asante Kotoko midfield dynamo Kwame Boahene has been struck down with a stroke.

The reports was further thickened after the former Medeama SC enforcer was omitted from the Porcupine Warriors squad for their Week 4 encounter against Techiman Eleven Wonders in which the Reds emerged 1-0 victors.

But the Club’s scribe, Obed Acheampong has fiercely dismissed the claims and entreated their fans to treat it as a mere rumour during an interview with Kumasi-based radio station, Oyerepa FM.

“Kwame Boahene trained for two hours yesterday at Adako Jachie. It’s never true that he is down with stroke. He only complained about unusual feeling in his ankle about some weeks ago,” Acheampong told Oyerepa FM.

“He has been off for a week and some three days but the good news is that he is fully fit now but it will depend on coach Paa Kwasi if he will play on Sunday or not. Let’s disregard all those rumuors about him suffering from stroke.”

Kotoko will travel to the Obuasi Len Clay to face AshantiGold on Match Day 5 of the ongoing Ghana league.

This article has 0 comment(s), give your comment

Join GhanaStar.com to receive daily email alerts of breaking news in Ghana. GhanaStar.com is your source for all Ghana News. Get the latest Ghana news, breaking news, sports, politics, entertainment and more about Ghana, Africa and beyond.

Trending Stories

News

A new COVID conspiracy theory is making the rounds, the theory is linking the ongoing global pandemic with the rollout of 5G communications networks....

International

Boris Johnson has been moved to intensive care after his condition worsened, Downing Street has said. The prime minister was admitted to St Thomas’...

News

Ghana’s President Nana Akufo-Addo has announced that the government will take care of water bills of all Ghanaians for the next 3 months. Addressing...

News

Ghana has confirmed nine additional COVID-19 cases; six from Greater Accra and three from Ashanti region. This brings the total confirmed cases to 214....

News

Northern Regional Minister Salifu Sa-eed has banned prostitution in Tamale with immediate effect. This comes after a Guinean national who tested positive for the...

News

Jacques Joaquim Yhombi-Opango, former president of the Republic of the Congo, has died after contracting coronavirus, his family said. Yhombi-Opango died in a Paris...

News

The Northern Regional Minister, Salifu Saeed, has confirmed that a coronavirus patient who was under quarantine in his region has fled the facility, leaving...

News

Sixteen persons have been arrested in Kasoa in the Central Region for failing to give tangible reasons why they were in town during the...

News

A video of a young man paying dearly for refusing to adhere to the directives of the president to remain indoors has emerged barely...

News

President Nana Akufo-Addo has earned massive praise from some prominent people around the world over list latest statement on the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19). President...

News

There are now more than 3,200 confirmed cases of coronavirus across the continent, with a number of African countries imposing a range of prevention...

News

The President for Institute of Liberty and Policy Innovation (ILAPI), Mr Peter Bismark, has stated that Ghana requires GH₡15 billion for 28 days’ total...

Copyright © 2020 GhanaStar Media Group. All rights reserved