Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Africa & World

Three Ghanaian Pilgrims Confirmed Dead during 2018 Hajj – Board

Three Ghanaian pilgrims are confirmed to have died during the 2018 Hajj in Saudi Arabia.

All three pilgrims died under natural causes and have since been buried in Mecca, Chairman of the Hajj Board, Sheikh I.C Quaye said Wednesday.

“One of the victims died while boarding the aircraft, the second person passed on after observing the rituals in Mecca while the third pilgrim died at a medical facility,” the Graphiconline.com has reported.

The victims are, however, yet to be identified.

This year’s Hajj pilgrimage each person GH?15,000.00, the actual fare was GH¢19,500 but the government absorbed GH¢4,500 of the cost to enable more pilgrims to perform the Hajj.

A total of 5,700 Ghanaian performed the pilgrimage this year.

The 2018 11-member National Hajj Board was headed by former Greater Accra Minister, Sheikh I.C. Quaye and tasked to oversee the organization of the annual Hajj.

I.C Quaye was assisted by Dr Seidu Zakaria, Abdulai Rahman Alhassan Gomda and Dr Sani Abduai. Other members appointed by President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo to work in various capacities with the Board in the next four years are Abdul Malik Adams Gariba, Mr Farouk Hamza, Sheikh Amin Bonsu, Alhaji Inusa Amadu and MMrKamal-Deen Abdulai

Also working with the Board are Ismaela Ibrahim, Mohammadu Osmanu Alidu, Mohammed Osumanu Yunusah, MMrBraimah Adams and Dr. Mohammed Ibrahim Mohammed.

Last year Ghana flew some 5424 pilgrims on 12 flights with maiden four flights flying directly from Tamale to Jeddah.

Trending Stories

News

A new COVID conspiracy theory is making the rounds, the theory is linking the ongoing global pandemic with the rollout of 5G communications networks....

International

Boris Johnson has been moved to intensive care after his condition worsened, Downing Street has said. The prime minister was admitted to St Thomas’...

News

Ghana’s President Nana Akufo-Addo has announced that the government will take care of water bills of all Ghanaians for the next 3 months. Addressing...

News

Ghana has confirmed nine additional COVID-19 cases; six from Greater Accra and three from Ashanti region. This brings the total confirmed cases to 214....

News

Northern Regional Minister Salifu Sa-eed has banned prostitution in Tamale with immediate effect. This comes after a Guinean national who tested positive for the...

News

Jacques Joaquim Yhombi-Opango, former president of the Republic of the Congo, has died after contracting coronavirus, his family said. Yhombi-Opango died in a Paris...

News

The Northern Regional Minister, Salifu Saeed, has confirmed that a coronavirus patient who was under quarantine in his region has fled the facility, leaving...

News

Sixteen persons have been arrested in Kasoa in the Central Region for failing to give tangible reasons why they were in town during the...

News

A video of a young man paying dearly for refusing to adhere to the directives of the president to remain indoors has emerged barely...

News

President Nana Akufo-Addo has earned massive praise from some prominent people around the world over list latest statement on the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19). President...

News

There are now more than 3,200 confirmed cases of coronavirus across the continent, with a number of African countries imposing a range of prevention...

News

The President for Institute of Liberty and Policy Innovation (ILAPI), Mr Peter Bismark, has stated that Ghana requires GH₡15 billion for 28 days’ total...

Copyright © 2020 GhanaStar Media Group. All rights reserved