Not Again! – Mahama Concerned About Latest Boko Haram Raid

Former President John Dramani Mahama has expressed sympathies over the recent raid by terrorist group Boko Haram in Dapchi in Yobe State in Nigeria.

About 50 girls are said to have gone missing Monday after an attack said to have been launched by the insurgent group.

Though the attack saw students and teachers fleeing into the bushes for cover, many returned after calm was restored.

But a few others have not been seen since then.

There were reports that the girls had been rescue by the state but that turned out to be false.

Ghana’s former leader took to Twitter to pray for the rescue of the missing;

Not again! Boko Haram terrorist group abducts girls from school in Dapchi Village, Yobe State. We pray with Nigeria for their safe recovery.

The incident comes a few months after almost 200 girls from Chibok were reunited with their families, having been captured by the same militant group years ago.

Join GhanaStar.com to receive daily email alerts of breaking news in Ghana. GhanaStar.com is your source for all Ghana News. Get the latest Ghana news, breaking news, sports, politics, entertainment and more about Ghana, Africa and beyond.

Get more stuff like this

Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.

Thank you for subscribing.

Something went wrong.