The Founder of Entrepreneurship and Leadership Education Foundation (ELEF) and Technical Director of Morgan International Community School (MICS), Mr. Obed Danquah Morgan, has inaugurated the Board of Trustees for the Foundation in Accra on Wednesday March 28, 2018.
As part of efforts to tackle issues of youth unemployment in the country and beyond, Morgan International Community School, a leading private school in Ghana established an educational foundation aimed at offering full scholarships to needy but talented and brilliant kids who express interest in becoming future entrepreneurs and leaders.
The 13-member board is chaired by Mrs. Ophelia Attobrah, Chief Executive Officer of Mace Link Company with Mr. Phanuel Wunu, a lecturer at University of Cape Coast as the Vice-Chairman.
Other members of the board include Dr. Isaac Owusu Mensah, a lecturer at the University of Ghana, Mrs. Emelia Amoako-Asiedu, a lecturer at Wisconsin International University College, Mrs. Rosemary Agoe Pappoe, the CEO of Millstreet Catering Services, Mr. Kumi-Adjei Sam, Manager, GPHA Fishing Harbour, Dr. Frank Etu Menson, a seasoned educationists, and business consultant.
The rest are Mr. Kofi Okofo Dartey, head of Planning Unit, Ghana Grid Company (GRIDCo), Dr. Hazel Barard Amuah, Head of Human Resources, Old Mutual Ghana, Mrs. Margaret Opoku and Mrs. Dora Owusu, Mr. Huoadjeto Erick and Mr. Sampson Arthur.
According to Mrs. Ophelia Attobrah, the chairperson of the foundation, the objective of the foundation is basically to identify children with special talents who exhibit some kind of affinity towards entrepreneurship and leadership skills.
Speaking in an interview, Mrs. Attobrah disclosed the Foundation has various committees and specializations in place to make sure it selects the right type of people to achieve its objectives.
She explained that, ELEF targets children from Grade 8 (13 Years) up to 18 years who would be identified under the 5-year programme the foundation is embarking upon stand the chance to benefit under a hundred percent (100%) scholarship package which will guarantee their enrollment into the Morgan International Community School to offer any programme of their choice related to entrepreneurship and leadership at their levels.
ELEF is focusing on six key areas under the entrepreneurship and leadership programme: MICS Academic programmes (Cambridge IGCSE and American IB Diploma), Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM), Media and Creative Arts, Entrepreneurship and Leadership education Entrepreneurship and Exploring Your Potentials Courses and Sports.
The Chairperson further indicated that, under the 5-year programme, MICS will be responsible for forty percent (40%) whilst the remaining sixty percent (60%) will be raised from external sources such as contributions from partners, philanthropies and donors.
On behalf of her colleagues she pledged to assist in whatever way they can to advance the cause of the Foundation.
According to the Founder of ELEF, Mr. Obed Danquah, all is set for the entire program to kick start in August, 2018 with the examination and selection process scheduled for June.
The issue of unemployment in Ghana, especially among the youth is a major concern to government and stakeholders in the public and private sectors.
Interacting with journalists, Mr. Obed Danquah explained that the foundation focused on entrepreneurship and leadership because.
“There is a gap in authentic leadership, not only entrepreneurship, so we want to train children not to have only entrepreneurship but authentic leadership that a child must possess to run institutions or any organizations ethically and correctly” he stated.
Join GhanaStar.com to receive daily email alerts of breaking news in Ghana. GhanaStar.com is your source for all Ghana News. Get the latest Ghana news, breaking news, sports, politics, entertainment and more about Ghana, Africa and beyond.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.