A new list of rich and popular people in Ghana who reportedly have their funds locked up with embattled gold dealership firm has leaked, Menzgold Ghana Limited. There was an earlier report of a list of some investors who happened to be celebrities with huge investments with Menzgold.
Among the first list that was posted on the Instagram page of Kwame A-Plus included actresses Yvonne Nelson and Tracey Boakye.
A new list has however been sighted which includes the names of some of the top names in Ghana’s entertainment and sports industries. Leading in terms of investment for the new list is the captains of the senior national team, Asamoah ‘Baby Jet’ Gyan.
Jackie Appiah, Sarkodie and Tracy, Kumi Guitar and popular radio personality, Abeiku Sanatana, are reported to also have their investments allegedly locked up with Nana Appiah Mensah’s Menzgold.
1. Asamoah Gyan (Captain of Ghana Blackstars) – GH¢1.5 million
2. Captain Smart (Adom FM, Presenter) – GH¢300,000
3.Emelia Brobbey (Kumawood actress) – GH¢70,000
4. Abeiku Santana (Despite Group journalist) – GH¢100,000
5. Sarkodie (Musician) – GH¢500,000
6. Tracy Awurama ‘Sarkcess’ (Wife of Sarkodie)– GH¢200,000
7. Shatta Wale (Musician) – $700,000
8. Jackie Appiah (Actress) – GH¢180,000
9.Becca (Musician) – GH¢200,000
10. Okyeame Kwame (Musician)- GH¢150,000
11. Joselyn Dumas (Media Person/Actress) – GH¢170, 000
12. Obibini (Musician) – GH¢50,000
13. Joyce Blessing (Musician) – GH¢100,000
14. Kumi Guitar (Musician) – GH¢100,000
Nana Appiah Mensah, also called NAM1, has been declared wanted by INTERPOL for charges of defrauding under false pretenses.
This follows his inability to repay funds invested with his company since it was shut down by BoG and SEC about six months ago.
However, the spokesperson for embattled gold dealership firm has said that the CEO, NAM1, had traveled abroad to work in order to repay customers locked up investments with the firm.
He was speaking on reports that the CEO breached his bail conditions and run away with his family leaving workers to face the wrath of angry investors alone.
The spokesperson, Nii Armah Amarteifio, rubbished the reports, explaining that his boss had travelled with the intention of working abroad to repay the customers.
Nana Akufo-Addo Has Won 2020 Ghana Elections with 51.7% of the Vote
Nana Akufo-Addo won Ghana’s national election, becoming president-elect at the third attempt and cementing the country’s reputation as a standard-bearer...